Kheer is indeed the perfect dish to celebrate any festival or just cook it up as an after-meal dessert.
The delicious and nutritious South Ville Maelk Kheer is just the perfect dish for your next celebration.
How to make
- In a deep pan boil the South Ville Maelk and rice.
- Simmer over a low flame, stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked and the milk becomes thick.
- The key is to stir. The more you stir, the better it becomes.
- When done add sugar, raisins and cardamoms.
- Stir till sugar gets dissolved properly. You may add rose water to further enhance its flavour.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- A pinch of saffron along with cashew nuts can be added on the top for extra garnishing.
|Active time:||25 min|
|Yield:||About 4 bowls|
|South Ville Maelk||6 Cups|
|Rice (washed)||1/4 Cup|
|Almonds (shredded), blanched||10-12|